Launched for Fashion Week in 2013, Skylight Modern is the brainchild of James Ramsey, principal architect of RAAD and co-founder of the Lowline. Reminiscent of a museum with simple but impactful architecture, Skylight Modern enables the event design to become art.
A quick and beautiful walk from its sister venues at the High Line, Skylight Modern offers 15,000 square feet of high-ceilinged space that is virtually column-free, providing a vast blank canvas for impactful creation. A white box with moments of exposed concrete lend Skylight Modern an edge—the perfect contrast to its clean architecture. Its storefront presence in the Chelsea Gallery district can be discrete or utilized for branding.
- Completely private space on 27th Street in the High Line/Chelsea Gallery District
- Designed by architect James Ramsey of RAAD, founder of the Lowline
- Windowed Reception area for high-visibility branding, street presence or pop-ups
- Exclusive elevator
- 15,000 square feet of high-ceilinged, virtually column-free space
- Reception is flooded with natural light and can be used as standalone cocktail area
- Main level seats 500 for dinner, 1,000 for cocktails
- Dedicated 400 amp service with option for an additional 600 amps of power
- Rigging points throughout for maximum flexibility
- Production-friendly with resourceful Skylight team